Facial yoga is a practice that consists of doing specific exercises with the face and neck to improve the appearance and health of the skin.
These exercises are based on the idea that facial muscles and face have an impact on the way we age and the overall appearance of our skin.
How to perform face yoga:
- Relaxes the muscles of the face: Begin by relaxing all the muscles in your face and jaw, close your eyes, and take a deep breath.
- Brow elevation: Hold your fingers at the root of your eyebrows and raise your eyebrows as high as you can without moving your eyes. Hold the position for 5 seconds and repeat 5 times.
- Contract the muscles of the forehead: Contract your forehead muscles and hold for 5 seconds before releasing. Repeat 5 times.
- Open the eyes: Open your eyes as wide as you can and close your eyelids tightly. Repeat 5 times.
- Purse your lips: Press your lips together and move your jaw up and down. Repeat 5 times.
- Skin tightening: Gently pull the skin on the sides of the face and hold the tension for 5 seconds before releasing. Repeat 5 times.
- Facial massage: Massage into the skin in gentle, circular motions on the cheekbones, forehead, and chin.
- End with a relaxation: Close your eyes and breathe deeply for a few minutes to end the facial yoga session.
Be sure to do the exercises gently and carefully to avoid damaging the skin.
Although there is no conclusive scientific evidence on the specific benefits of facial yoga for skin health, many people have found positive results in their appearance and in the reduction of wrinkles and fine lines.