Collagen threads are an innovative facial rejuvenation technique that has become increasingly popular in recent years.
It consists of inserting fine threads of collagen into the skin to improve its firmness, elasticity, and texture. This non-invasive technique is an effective alternative to more invasive plastic surgery treatments, such as a facelift or blepharoplasty.
Before we get into the effects of collagen threads, it is important to understand how this treatment works. Collagen threads are small strands of synthetic material that are inserted into the skin with a fine needle. These threads act as a supporting framework under the skin, tightening and lifting sagging, sagging skin. Over time, the collagen in the threads dissolves and is replaced by new, natural collagen produced by the body, providing a long-lasting effect.
What are collagen threads?
Collagen threads are fine strands of synthetic or natural collagen that are inserted into the skin to improve its appearance.
Collagen is an essential protein found in skin, bone, muscle, and other tissues in the human body. It is responsible for keeping the skin firm, elastic and healthy.
Over time, the natural production of collagen slows down, leading to the appearance of wrinkles, sagging, and other signs of aging. Collagen threads provide an effective solution to this problem, since they stimulate the production of collagen in the skin and improve its quality.
There are two main types of collagen threads: cross-linked collagen threads and polydioxanone (PDO) threads.
Cross-linked collagen threads are synthetic collagen threads that are inserted into the skin with a fine needle. Once inserted, the threads expand and create a network in the skin that stimulates collagen production.
Polydioxanone (PDO) threads are natural collagen strands that are inserted into the skin with a fine needle and dissolve over time. As they dissolve, they stimulate the skin's natural production of collagen.
How do they work?
Collagen threads work by stimulating the production of collagen in the skin. When inserted into the skin, the threads create a network that activates fibroblasts, the cells that produce collagen and elastin in the skin. The presence of the threads in the skin also stimulates blood circulation and cell regeneration, which improves the appearance of the skin.
Over time, the collagen synthesized by fibroblasts accumulates around the collagen threads, increasing the firmness and elasticity of the skin. Collagen strands also act as structural support for the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
What effects can we get?
- Improves skin elasticity and firmness: Collagen threads tighten the skin, which improves its elasticity and firmness. This is because the threads act as a support frame under the skin, helping to lift and tighten sagging skin.
- Reduces Wrinkles and Fine Lines: Collagen threads can also reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. This is because the body's process of producing new natural collagen helps to smooth the skin and improve its texture.
- Lifts Brows: Collagen threads can be used to lift drooping brows, providing a more youthful, awakened appearance.
- Defines the facial contour: Collagen threads can also be used to define the facial contour. This is achieved by inserting the threads under the skin to create a support structure that helps shape the face.
- Rejuvenates the skin: Collagen threads can help rejuvenate the skin by stimulating the production of new natural collagen. This can improve the overall appearance of the skin and make it appear healthier and younger.
- Long-lasting results: The effects of collagen threads can last up to two years. This is because the new natural collagen produced by the body helps keep the skin taut and firm even after the threads have dissolved.
What are its applications?
- Facial Collagen Threads: Collagen threads can be used on different areas of the face, including the forehead, cheeks, neck, and lips. The procedure involves the insertion of collagen threads under the skin, which tightens and firms the skin. Collagen threads can also be used to define and lift the cheekbones, reduce sagging skin on the neck, and enhance the appearance of the lips.
- Body Collagen Threads: In addition to being used on the face, collagen threads can also be used on different areas of the body, such as the arms, thighs, and abdomen. Collagen threads can help tighten and firm the skin in these areas, thereby reducing the appearance of sagging skin.