Currently, it is increasingly common to find people who want to keep fit and lead a healthy life. Fortunately, there are many options for achieving this goal, from gyms to home workouts with simple equipment. In this article, we will talk about how to get in shape using elastic bands, an accessible and effective method that has become very popular in recent years.
Elastic bands are a type of training equipment used to perform resistance exercises. They are available in different resistance levels and are highly versatile, making them a great choice for people of all ages and skill levels.
The benefits of elastic bands
Before going into the details of how to use elastic bands, it's important to understand the benefits of this training method.
- Versatility: Elastic bands are very versatile, which means that you can use them to work different muscle groups and perform a wide variety of exercises.
- Portability: The elastic bands are very light and compact, which makes them very easy to transport. You can take them with you anywhere and perform your workouts at any time.
- Security: Elastic bands are safer than traditional weights, since they do not require a specific technique to lift them. Also, you can control the resistance of the band and adjust it to your skill level.
- Comfort: Elastic bands are very comfortable to use, since they do not cause joint pain like traditional weights. In addition, you can use them in different positions and angles to obtain a greater variety of movements.
Exercises to perform with elastic bands
- Banded Squats: They are an excellent exercise to work the leg muscles, especially the glutes and quadriceps. Wrap the band around your legs, just above your knees, and place your feet at shoulder-width apart. Perform a squat keeping the band taut, and then return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise for 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Banded biceps curl: It is an effective exercise to work the muscles of the arms, especially the biceps. Step on the band with both feet and hold the ends with your hands. Raise your hands toward your shoulders, keeping the band taut, and then return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise for 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Banded Triceps Extension: Hold the band behind your back with one hand and place the other end in your other hand. Extend the arm holding the band up, keeping the band taut, and then return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise for 3 sets of 10 repetitions on each arm.
- Abdominals with elastic bands: They are also effective for working the abdominal muscles. To do this exercise, place the elastic band around your feet and lie on your back.
- Lunges with elastic bands: Lunges are an effective exercise for working the leg muscles, including the glutes, quadriceps, and hamstrings. To do this exercise, place the elastic band on top of your thighs and step forward with one leg. As you go down, be sure to keep the band taut so you feel the resistance. Do 2 to 3 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions on each leg.
- Chest press with elastic bands: The chest press with elastic bands is an effective exercise to work the muscles of the chest, shoulders and triceps. To do this exercise, place the elastic band around your back and grasp the ends with your hands. Push out with your hands to feel the resistance of the band. Do 2 to 3 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.
- Rowing with elastic bands: The elastic band row is an effective exercise for working the muscles of the back, shoulders, and biceps. To do this exercise, wrap the elastic band around a stable object, such as a gate or post. Grab the ends of the band with your hands and pull back to feel the resistance of the band. Do 2 to 3 sets of 12 to 15 repetitions.